- 1 Elephant
- 2 places live elephants
- 3 physical characteristics
- 4 General Information About Elephants
- 5 References
The elephant is the largest animal species that live on the land, a range of mammals, the family Alvillat, there are two types of elephants, elephants, African and Asian elephants, and is characterized by African elephants as the largest volume of Asian, with a weight of an elephant savannah African 8000 kg, reaches its height at the shoulder to 3-4 meters, while the elephant weighs Asian approximately 5500 kg and reaches a height at the shoulder to 3.5 meters, featuring elephants ears large flat, and legs-like columns, sparse hair and coarse, and the color varies between brown, batsman gray. 
Places to live elephants
Can Philae to live in all environments, due the great variety of foods that can eat and live elephants mainly in tropical and subtropical areas in Africa, Asia, and with regard to African elephants are spread in 37 countries, but most of them live in countries such as Botswana, Tanzania, Congo, Gabon, Zimbabwe, with an African elephant numbers in these countries, more than 30,000 elephants. There are two types of African elephants, elephant savannah, or an elephant bush (scientific name: Loxodonta africana), who lives in grasslands, savanna, and near lakes and swamps, while the second type is an elephant forest African (scientific name: Loxodonta cyaclotis) live in the mountains and tropical forests dense rainforest, most of African elephants currently live in national parks, so as to protect them from illegal fishing. Live Asian elephants (scientific name: Elephas maximus) in grasslands and forests that are spread in 11 countries including Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Malay Peninsula, India and Sumatra, a permanent curfew in search of food and form while walking clear paths completely roads.  
The elephant is distinguished from other animals a range of physical characteristics, including: 
- Khartoum is redundant composed of the nose and upper lip, and consists of an elephant hose of more than forty thousand muscle, and remember some of the references that the number of muscles in Khartoum could be up to a hundred thousand muscle, making him a very member sensitivity and strength at the same time, featuring an elephant hose African presence Ntooan in the form of two fingers at the tip, while the Asian elephant hose contains only one bump. The elephant uses trunk to drink water and sprinkled on his body, and the uprooting of grass and branches of trees, and fondling young and courtship, and the threat, or to express submission, and to sniff out and locate the availability of food, friends, enemies, and reticulation elephants Jaratimha as a kind of greeting.
- Fangs: possess male and female African elephants Naben large one length of each may reach more than three meters, and weighs more than 90 kg, the canine male Asian elephant long, but less weight than canine African elephant, with no heavier than 39 kg, while females can either be small or completely non-existent teeth, and tusk is the definitive age consists of living tissues grow constantly, so it increases its length by 18 centimeters in almost a year, and uses the elephant .it to dig the ground in search of water, salt, and the roots of the trees, and also used to make signs on the trees to determine the sovereignty areas.
- Skin: It features elephant skin that is very thick, with a thickness of approximately 2.5 centimeters except for the skin around the mouth, skin inner ear which is thin, despite the elephant skin thickness, but it is very sensitive to drought, UV radiation, and insect bites, so often seen It covers an elephant skin with mud, which helps to hydrate the skin and protect, and regulate body temperature.
- Leg and foot: elephant legs are characterized as thick to bear the weight of his body, the foot shall be round, and contain a cushion material gelatinous working on shock absorbers. The African elephant feet consists of four front nails, while the rear foot consists of only three nails, while the Asian elephant's feet on the front Vthtoa five nails, while the rear feet contain only four nails.
- Ear: ear elephant consists of a thin layer of skin contains a network of capillaries that help regulate the elephant's body heat, in hot days shaking elephant ears to move the air, which works on the cooling blood in the blood vessels, and then are transported cold air to all over body, Lhz why are the ears of African elephants that live in warm areas larger than the ears of Asian elephants living in less heat environments, as the elephant uses his ear to the threat of other elephants or predators, thereby acting on the returned that to appear larger than it really is.
General information on elephants
Here are some general information about the elephants: 
- A brain weight of male elephant of 12 pounds (5.4 kilograms), and despite the small size of the brain compared to body size, but the elephant shows the degree of consciousness, so that he can distinguish himself in the mirror, and shows some of the emotions such as empathy, sadness when watching the bones of dead elephants.
- Are female elephants special and separate from the male herd, and consists of the herd of three or four females with their young, and lead the herd's dominant mother, which is characterized by wisdom and the ability to find sites provide food, protection of the herd risk, and when her death passed on the responsibility of the herd to the largest daughters, the males either live alone and either gather in herds, and do not meet the male and female elephants only in the mating season.
- Give birth to a female elephant small one once every four or five years, and continue her pregnancy 22 months or nearly two years, the longest pregnancy among mammals that live on the land period, and up a small elephant weight (Aldgvl) at birth 250 lbs (113 kg Almost).
- The elephants of endangered animals at risk, due to exposure to illegal fishing for ivory, in addition to the destruction of natural habitats, and pollution.
- Elephants play an important role in the environment, it is the expansion of the water holes used by the animals to drink, and dig caves constitute a shelter for mammals smaller and bats and insects, and pave the roads under heavy feet, and working on the spread of seeds when they feed on fruits at the site and then scrape the seeds in another location when Tngot.
- ↑ Jeheskel Shoshani (14-3-2018), "Elephant"، www.britannica.com, Retrieved 29-3-2018. Edited.
- ↑ "Where Do Elephants Live?", elephantfacts.net, Retrieved 29-3-2018. Edited.
- ↑ "Where Do Elephants Live?", www.elephantsfacts.com,13-1-2017، Retrieved 29-3-2018. Edited.
- ↑ "Elephant", www.newworldencyclopedia.org,18-2-2016، Retrieved 29-3-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Bob Strauss (12-10-2017), "How Much Do You Really Know About Elephants?"، www.thoughtco.com, Retrieved 29-3-2018. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!