- 1 folic acid
- 2 benefits of folic acid
- 3 sources of folic acid
- 4 collateral damage to the use of folic acid
- 5 Warning use of folic acid
- 6 drug reactions folic acid
- 7 daily needs for folic acid
- 8 References
The folic acid (in English: Folic acid) One type of group B vitamins, and can be called vitamin B 9, as can be folic acid in the form of folate (in English: Folate), and performs many important functions of the human body, it enters the nucleic acids are manufactured in The human body, in addition to the production of red blood cells, and many other functions important to the human body. 
The benefits of folic acid
Folic acid plays an important role in the human body, and its benefits: 
- Reduce homocysteine levels in the body: observed in some studies that eating people folic acid reduces homocysteine levels (in English: Homocysteine) in the blood at a rate ranging between 20-30%; Since the height of homocysteine in the blood increases the risk of heart disease and blood vessels, so people who own levels of homocysteine higher than 11 micromol / advised liter that Adomoa on taking folic in addition to vitamin B-12, it is worth mentioning acid that 85% of people who suffer kidney disease have high amounts of homocysteine.
- Minimize the damage caused by the drug Almithotrkisat: Eating drug methotrexate (in English: Methotrexate), may cause nausea, vomiting, and may help folic acid to reduce the collateral damage of this drug.
- Reduce the risk of having children with birth defects: The intake of folic acid supplements during pregnancy reduces the excess of the birth of a child with neural tube defects (in English: Neural tube defect).
- Reduce the risk of age-related macular Baltnks: observed in some studies that the intake of folic acid in addition to vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 reduces the risk of losing the sense of sight caused by macular degeneration associated with age (in English: Age-related vision loss).
- Optimization of depression: observed in some studies that eating folate with anti-depressant drugs acid (in English: Antidepressants) relieves symptoms in people with depression.
- Lower blood pressure: Studies suggest that taking folic acid daily, for six weeks helps to lower blood pressure in people who suffer from a height, and in spite of that no additional effect observed for folic acid in lowering blood pressure when taken with lowering drugs pressure.
- Avoid injury problems of gum: Studies suggest that folic acid put on the gum reduces the risk of gum problems caused by drug Alphenatoyen (in English: Phenytoin), as it may reduce gum problems during pregnancy.
- Improve the symptoms of vitiligo: It was observed that taking folic acid supplements help to improve the symptoms of vitiligo (in English: Vitiligo), which causes the demise of the natural color of the skin.
Folic acid sources
You can get folic acid from natural sources, or dietary supplements, and its sources: 
- Natural sources: from the rich sources of folate: Leafy vegetables, spinach and broccoli. Beans, lentils, and peas. Fruits such as melons, lemons, and bananas. Foods fortified with folic acid, such as cereals, breads, and juices.
- Leafy vegetables, spinach and broccoli.
- Beans, lentils, and peas.
- Fruits such as melons, lemons, and bananas.
- Foods fortified with folic acid, such as cereals, breads, and juices.
- Food supplements can be dietary supplements of folic acid in the form of tablets or capsules, or may be available with multiple vitamin pills (in English: Multivitamins), and it should be noted that folic acid absorption is best when eaten with vitamin C and group B vitamins.
Collateral damage to the use of folic acid
May cause intake of folic acid sensitivity in some people, and the symptoms of this sensitivity with difficulty breathing, hives (English: Hives), and swelling in the throat, or lips, or face, or tongue, and advised people who show these symptoms to consult a doctor immediately, the symptoms less serious can be described as follows: 
- Nausea, lack of appetite.
- Gas and bloating.
- Bitter taste in the mouth.
- Sleep problems.
Warning the use of folic acid
Some people may suffer from certain cases where folic acid consumption is unsafe, and should some tests are conducted to determine the safe dose for these people, and these cases: 
- Kidney disease.
- Hemolytic anemia (in English: Hemolytic anemia).
- Pernicious anemia (English: Pernicious anemia).
Drug interactions of folic acid
May cause folate intake with some drugs of different acid problems, and these drugs: 
- Alphusfontain: folic acid intake with medication Alphusfontain (in English: Fosphenytoin) may lead to increase the speed to break the drug in the body, which may reduce its effectiveness, it is worth mentioning that Alphusventan is a drug used to prevent epileptic seizures.
- Methotrexate: The intake of folic acid with the drug methotrexate (in English: Methotrexate) may reduce its effectiveness in the body.
- Phenobarbital: medication phenobarbital (in English: Phenobarbital) will reduce its effectiveness in preventing epileptic seizures.
- Alphenatoyen: folic acid intake with medication Alphenatoyen (in English: Phenytoin) may lead to an increase in the speed of Teixrh body, which reduces its effectiveness.
- Pyrimethamine: intake may result in medication Alberameattan (in English: Pyrimethamine) with folic acid to reduce its effectiveness in the treatment of parasitic infections (in English: Parasite infections).
Daily needs for folic acid
The following table represents the allowable quantities of food and recommended folic acid by age: 
- ↑ Christian Nordqvist (27-10-2017), "What to know about folic acid"، www.medicalnewstoday.com, Retrieved 18-4-2018. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "FOLIC ACID", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 18-4-2018. Edited.
- ↑ "Folic acid (folate)", www.webmd.boots.com, Retrieved 18-4-2018. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "Folic Acid", www.drugs.com, Retrieved 18-4-2018. Edited.
- ↑ "Folate (Folic Acid)", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 18-4-2018. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!