- 1 cactus
- 2 Benefits of Aloe Vera
- 3 nutritional value of cactus
- 4 Warning eating cactus
- 5 References
Is a cactus plant Asaraya prickly, grows naturally in tropical dry areas, such as: Africa, Asia, Europe, South and Western parts of the United States, has been known for his cactus for more than 6000 years old therapeutic characteristics; Where he used the gel and juice found it to help treat many cases, such as; Skin problems, diseases of the digestive system, it has launched many titles, such as; Eternity (plant in English: Plant of immortality), and lily of the desert (in English: Lily of the desert), and others, and was offering a gift in the funerals of the Pharaohs, it is worth mentioning that there are more than 300 species of this plant, the most famous real aloe or what is known as aka aloe vera or aloe barbadensis, and it should be noted that there supplements may offer similar benefits provided to the cactus plant. 
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Cactus provides multiple health benefits, most notably as follows:  
- A rich source of antioxidants: as it contains eight different types of flavonoids compounds (in English: Flavonoids), indicated a study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2004, it helps to strengthen the antioxidants in healthy adults, supports endurance of oxidative stress (in English: oxidative stress), in addition to reducing the damage caused by fat in the body.
- Cells protect nerve: as it, like other cells of the body susceptible to damage, which may lead to the loss of the senses or the feeling of pain, where the study was conducted in 2014, and found that it can help reduce the risk of injury Ptlvha, or loss of functions, and it is because it contains protective properties .
- Possess anti-inflammatory properties: the University of Texas has indicated its use in helping to treat the symptoms of rheumatism (in English: Rheumatism), In addition, the study found the animal and published in Pharmaceutical Research Archives in 1998, it is useful in reducing stomach inflammation, however , there must be more research; To determine its effectiveness on human.
- Lowering cholesterol levels in the blood: where a preliminary study found that aloe vera reduces the levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, in addition to or what is known as short as LDL levels, and fewer side effects compared to those resulting from the use of medicines.
- A rich source of vitamin C: as it helps heal wounds, strengthen bones, as well as it contributes to the production of collagen protein (in English: Collagen), which maintains healthy skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, blood vessels, it is worth mentioning that the share one of the cactus provide the body with 17% to 28% of the quantity of food reference daily (English: dietary reference Intake), note that the recommended daily amount of it ranges from 75 to 120 milligrams.
- Treatment of enlarged prostate: as a preliminary study showed that aloe vera may help prostate enlargement treatment in men, and may be effective in the treatment of prostate cancer, and may also result in fewer side effects than those caused by drugs, and should be noted that an enlarged prostate leads to increased need men to urinate frequently.
- Possession of an anti-viral activity: where I found some preliminary research that the cactus role in the fight against many viruses, such as; Herpes simplex virus (in English: Herpes simplex virus), or what is known as short as HSV, and respiratory syncytial virus, which is symbolized by the abbreviated RSV, as well as the human immunodeficiency virus deficiency (in English: Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
- Regulate blood sugar levels: they contain dietary fiber useful for diabetic patients, as it reduces the level of insulin and regulate blood lipids, have indicated a small study of two groups of people who suffer from diabetes type II, provided a group of them a meal Breakfast containing cactus, and found that people who ate had dropped their sugar level, as well as the level of decreased insulin significantly after the meal, compared to the other group that did not include meal on it, it is worth mentioning that the cactus plant used as a cure traditional diabetes in Mexico. [4 ]
- Reduce the risk of cancer: According to a study published in the Journal of Nutrition (in English: Nutrition Journal), the aloe juice may be a good alternative and a natural chemical for cancer prevention; This is because it may inhibit growth of cancer cells, slows the growth of tumors, and his work may be similar to the work Alritinoad compound, which is used in chemical prevention experiments, it is worth mentioning that ensure the usefulness of the cactus and its mechanism of action in the fight against cancer is still in need of further studies . 
- Relieve heartburn: where he used a long time ago to the problems of the digestive, and there are several forms, such as juice, capsules, etc., and reduces eating symptoms of disease regression gastro-esophageal (in English: Gastroesophageal reflux disease) is known for short as GERD. 
The nutritional value of the cactus
The following table shows the nutritional value of one cup of fresh aloe vera, which is equivalent to 149 grams: 
Warning eating cactus
Eating cactus quantities in safe food, in addition to the use of Mstkhalsath different parts, such as stems, flowers, leaves, fruits, medicine may be safe if the consumption of appropriate quantities and within a short period, however, may cause cactus effects side simple in some people, such as; Headache, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, etc. It is worth mentioning that eating large quantities may cause blockage of the lower intestine, which is one of the rare cases, while clarifying some of the categories that must take caution when eating cactus comes: 
- Surgery: It is difficult to eat the cactus of the process control sugar level during and after surgery, and it is advisable to avoid it at least two weeks of the surgery date.
- Pregnancy and lactation: because there is not enough information about the safety of its use for pregnant women or breastfeeding women, and advised its consumption amounts in food.
- Diabetes, as it may cause a decrease in the level of sugar in people with diabetes.
- ↑ Moira Lawler(20-6-2018), "Aloe Vera 101: What It’s Good for, and Its Proposed Benefits and Possible Side Effects"، www.everydayhealth.com, Retrieved 19-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ MARIE DANNIE, "Nutrition Facts of Nopal Cactus"، www.livestrong.com, Retrieved 19-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Ana Gotter(25-5-2017), "Nopal Cactus: Benefits and Uses"، www.healthline.com, Retrieved 19-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Megan Ware(12-12-2017), " What are the benefits of nopal?"، www.medicalnewstoday.com, Retrieved 20-30-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Linda Tarr Kent, "What Are the Benefits of Cactus Juice?"، www.healthfully.com, Retrieved 20-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Bruce Kaechele(6-3-2019), "Eating Healthy: Foods that Help Heartburn"، www.refluxmd.com, Retrieved 20-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Basic Report: 09287, Prickly pears, raw", www.ndb.nal.usda.gov,31-10-2017، Retrieved 20-3-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "PRICKLY PEAR CACTUS", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 20-3-2019. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!