- 1 gestational diabetes
- 2 How to know the incidence of gestational diabetes 2.1 Symptoms of gestational diabetes 2.2 sugar checks at the beginning of pregnancy 2.3 Diagnosis of gestational diabetes 2.3.1 The first way 2.3.2 The second method
- 2.1 Symptoms of gestational diabetes
- 2.2 sugar checks at the beginning of pregnancy
- 2.3 Diagnosis of gestational diabetes 2.3.1 The first way 2.3.2 The second method
- 2.3.1 The first way
- 2.3.2 The second method
- 3 distinguish between temporary diabetes pregnancy and diabetes, chronic 3.1 time of diagnosis 3.2 Continuity after pregnancy
- 3.1 time of diagnosis
- 3.2 Continuity after pregnancy
- 4 References
The gestational diabetes or gestational diabetes (in English: Gestational diabetes) that women diagnosed with diabetes for the first time during pregnancy, and is often a temporary form of diabetes; In the sense that it disappears and ceases its symptoms usually after birth, which affects some women during pregnancy as a result of the body's production because enough insulin or the inability of the body to him respond appropriately, and here must be alert to the need for follow-up with your doctor in case of gestational diabetes Although sugar pregnancy increases the risk of complications and health of both the mother and the fetus, but it can reassure pregnant that eating healthy foods and exercise, and a commitment to using the medication prescribed by the doctor if necessary, may be possible to complete a pregnancy naturally and properly without health complications disturbing. [ 1] 
To understand how this gestational diabetes, it is necessary to clarify that the placenta produces during pregnancy high levels of various hormones, which most of the types in the work affect insulin and weaken the body's response to his work, which causes high blood sugar level during pregnancy, especially after meals, and with the growth of the fetus and the pregnancy progresses , the placenta produces more hormones anti action of insulin, causing high blood sugar levels significantly during the latter half of pregnancy and sometimes early in the twentieth week, but most cases of gestational diabetes do not occur until late in pregnancy, particularly in the period between twenty-fourth and twenty-eighth week of pregnancy,  and are therefore subjected to all pregnant women to check routinely to detect gestational diabetes between 24-28 week of pregnancy. 
To learn more about gestational diabetes can read the following article: (What is gestational diabetes).
How to know the incidence of gestational diabetes
Symptoms of gestational diabetes
It is important not to wait for the appearance of pathological symptoms of gestational diabetes when pregnant until subject to the examination of blood sugar, because these indicators reflect exceeded blood sugar normal levels, and most women with gestational diabetes may not show them symptoms clear and easily associated with the injury of gestational diabetes, so that the symptoms of gestational diabetes are similar in general with common pregnancy symptoms felt by women, including the signs and symptoms that may appear pregnant when her gestational diabetes include:  
- Severe thirst and unusual: a pregnant may feel their need to drink more water than usual, as they may feel thirsty and dry mouth, despite not eating salty foods or activities that will increase the need to drink water.
- Urinating in large quantities: Here it should be said that the pregnant woman may suffer from frequent urination as one of the first symptoms associated with pregnancy, but the frequent urination that appears as a symptom of pregnancy in some women be accompanied by a few of urine quantities in the habit.
- Feeling tired: It may be difficult to distinguish between the fatigue resulting from pregnancy and fatigue resulting from the incidence of gestational diabetes.
- Sugar in urine: which is detected when you visit the doctor.
To learn more about the symptoms of gestational diabetes can read the following article: (symptoms of gestational diabetes).
Sugar checks at the beginning of pregnancy
Some women may wonder whether he must perform tests for sugar at the beginning of pregnancy or since her first visit to the doctor to check if they were infected with chronic diabetes do not know this, the medical here and the answer is needed so if I have one pregnant or more risk factors that increase the chance of infection with chronic diabetes. in this case should be examined for the level of sugar in the blood since the first visit, or at another time of pregnancy, whether sugar fasting measured, diabetes or cumulative, or glucose tolerance test (in English: Oral glucose Tolerance test) in short OGTT, and if the results of the tests showed an abnormal person with diabetes doctor infection in pregnant at the time of the early pregnancy often means that a woman's disease, chronic diabetes previously undiscovered before pregnancy; Ie they are infected with diabetes before pregnancy did not know this, and can generally release these risk factors are as follows:  
- Attainment of pregnant women over 35 years of age.
- Obesity or weight in excess of normal rates.
- Belonging to certain races; Where women are considered of African descent, or Asian, or Atinaa, or South Asia are more likely to develop gestational diabetes than.
- The presence of a family history of diabetes.
- Syndrome PCOS (English: Polycystic ovarian syndrome).
- Use of corticosteroids (in English: Corticosteroids).
- A history of a previous gestational diabetes.
- The birth of a child in a previous pregnancy increases the weight of 4 kg.
- Signs of injury Black Bahawak (in English: Acanthosis nigricans); It is a black or dark spots usually appear on the neck, or out of a groin or under the armpits.  
And reflecting on the nature of the risk above mentioned factors, it can be concluded that the majority of pregnant women is available to have one factor at least for diabetes, it is rare not to have a pregnant worker and one risk at least for diabetes, and therefore recommends the American Diabetes Association (English: ADA- American Diabetes association) by subjecting all pregnant women to check routinely to check blood sugar since the first visits to the doctor's clinic at the beginning of pregnancy, but it's worth noting that although the results of this examination naturally emerged that does not mean no need to conduct the examination in the 24-28 week of pregnancy, given because gestational diabetes usually occurs late in pregnancy usually as noted above.  
Diagnosis of gestational diabetes
Access to the 24-28 week of pregnancy, all pregnant women are also subject to the examination of the level of sugar in the blood, and is usually detected for gestational diabetes at this time of pregnancy through an investigative examination of a short small dose (50 mg) of load glucose known scans glucose challenge ( English: glucose challenge test) which that appeared to read high following the test entirely to load glucose (100 mg) oral confirmation of infection, or by conducting a test entirely to load glucose from the start without starting testing the survey is short, and can statement both methods in some detail in follows:   
The following is a statement of how to check glucose tolerance for pregnant women in this way, and how to interpret the results phenomenon:   
- How to perform an examination: sugar is measured in this way in two phases, the first begins to test a survey short to challenge glucose (in English: Glucose challenge test) to detect the probability of infection of gestational diabetes is characterized by that it does not require fasting and duration of an hour, and here is offered a solution of 50 g sugar glucose and measure blood sugar only once an hour after eating the solution, and then if the reading is less than 140 mg / dl are sufficient with the result of the rule that a woman is infected with gestational diabetes, and conducted the second phase of the examination, but if the reading of 140 mg / dl or above - a reading in excess of the normal limit of blood sugar but do not reach the high value sufficient to diagnose sugar Ahaml- asks women to fast and come back to the lab to conduct the second phase of the test, and here is being examined for glucose tolerance over three hours, and be by measuring the sugar once before taking the solution when they came to the laboratory, and once every hour over three hours after eating a sugar solution; This means that it is measured at the level of blood sugar four times, the following clarification of these high measurements of the four values: During the fasting glucose level: The result of the test is high if the reading is greater than 95 mg / dl equivalent to 5.3 mmol / L. Sugar level after one hour of drinking solution: The test result is high if the reading is greater than 180 mg / dl equivalent to 10.0 mmol / L. Sugar level after two hours of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is high if the reading is greater than 155 mg / dl equivalent to 8.6 mmol / liter. Sugar level after 3 hours of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is high if the reading is greater than 140 mg / dl equivalent to 7.8 mmol / L.
- During the fasting glucose level: The result of the test is high if the reading is greater than 95 mg / dl equivalent to 5.3 mmol / L.
- Sugar level after one hour of drinking solution: The test result is high if the reading is greater than 180 mg / dl equivalent to 10.0 mmol / L.
- Sugar level after two hours of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is high if the reading is greater than 155 mg / dl equivalent to 8.6 mmol / liter.
- Sugar level after 3 hours of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is high if the reading is greater than 140 mg / dl equivalent to 7.8 mmol / L.
Interpretation of the results: In this method, gestational diabetes is diagnosed if two readings or more readings of the second phase is higher than the normal level.
The following is a statement of how to check glucose tolerance for pregnant women in this way, and how to interpret the results phenomenon:  
- How to perform an examination: In this method is confirmed diabetes or denied at one stage any one visit to the laboratory by conducting a tolerance test glucose two-hour, and requires this test not to eat and drink for 8-14 hours before the test except for sips of water, and are through measuring the level of testing sugar during fasting, and then asks the woman to drink liquid containing 75 grams of glucose, and the then health care provider to withdraw blood again every hour for two hours after drinking the liquid to measure the level of sugar in the blood, and this means that it is measured at the level of sugar in the blood three times; Once before eating sugar solution and twice after, the following is an explanation of the values are not natural for these three measurements: Sugar level during fasting: The result of the test is abnormal if the reading is greater than 92 mg / dl equivalent to 5.1 mmol / L. Sugar level after one hour of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is abnormal if the reading is greater than 180 mg / dl equivalent to 10.0 mmol / L. Sugar level after two hours of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is abnormal if the reading is greater than 153 mg / dl equivalent to 8.5 mmol / L.
- Sugar level during fasting: The result of the test is abnormal if the reading is greater than 92 mg / dl equivalent to 5.1 mmol / L.
- Sugar level after one hour of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is abnormal if the reading is greater than 180 mg / dl equivalent to 10.0 mmol / L.
- Sugar level after two hours of drinking the glucose solution: The test result is abnormal if the reading is greater than 153 mg / dl equivalent to 8.5 mmol / L.
- Interpretation of the results: In view of these previous results, are diagnosed with gestational diabetes if more than two readings or more of the previous readings are high, but if they read one of the previous readings are abnormal not diagnosed with gestational diabetes, but your doctor may suggest changing some of the foods you eat a pregnant woman and change their diet to control sugar readings have better, and baptized on the sugar measurement again during pregnancy.
The distinction between temporary diabetes pregnancy and diabetes, chronic
Time of diagnosis
As mentioned earlier, the sugar is examined to detect the possibility of a woman to gestational diabetes between the week 24-28 usually because it does not evolve only in the late stages of pregnancy, and in view of it can be said that if a woman underwent screening blood sugar level during the first third of the pregnancy and found high, it strongly suggests women infected with chronic diabetes type II who was unknowingly, have not been diagnosed before pregnancy, not the temporary type of gestational diabetes, and in such cases is expected to be cumulative sugar level, which refers to the average concentration of glucose in the blood during the six weeks to the previous eight also high in pregnant. 
Continuity after pregnancy
It can be said that the persistence of high blood sugar readings for a long time after birth and the end of pregnancy means that women suffer from chronic diabetes often, while gestational diabetes, a temporary deemed to pregnancy complications, as mentioned above; So that it disappears after birth shortly and returning sugar thereby readings to normal values, and to ensure women's safety is measured by the level of sugar has immediately after birth, as women Almchksat recommends that gestational diabetes checks the return of sugar values to the normal conduct examination of sugar after a 6-12 week of birth also, after the return of confidence to the values of natural sugar for the status of women it is also recommended to examine the level Aalskr every 1-3 years because the occurrence of gestational diabetes in a load makes women more likely to develop chronic type II diabetes in the future.  
- ↑ "What are the symptoms of gestational diabetes", www.medicalnewstoday.com, Retrieved 9-9-2019. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "Gestational diabetes", www.mayoclinic.org, Retrieved 9-9-2019. Edited.
- ^ أ ب ت ث "Glucose testing – screening for gestational Diabetes", www.pregnancyinfo.ca, Retrieved 9-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy", www.whattoexpect.com, Retrieved 9-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "What Are the Symptoms of Gestational Diabetes", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 9-9-2019. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "Screening, Diagnosis, and Management of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus", www.aafp.org, Retrieved 10-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Acanthosis nigricans", www.nhs.uk, Retrieved 10-09-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Diabetes Mellitus and Pregnancy ", emedicine.medscape.com, Retrieved 10-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Oral Glucose Tolerance Test", www.diabetes.co.uk, Retrieved 9-9-2019. Edited.
- ^ أ ب ت "Glucose screening tests during pregnancy", medlineplus.gov, Retrieved 10-9-2019. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "Glucose Tolerance Test: Purpose, Procedure, and Risks", www.healthline.com, Retrieved 10-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Tests & Diagnosis for Gestational Diabetes", www.niddk.nih.gov, Retrieved 10-09-2019.
- ↑ "Screening for diabetes in pregnancy", www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, Retrieved 10-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Gestational Diabetes and Pregnancy", www.cdc.gov, Retrieved 11-09-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Gestational Diabetes After Delivery", care.diabetesjournals.org, Retrieved 10-09-2019. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!