- 1 Arab renaissance 1.1 Arab renaissance factors 1.2 aspects of the Arab renaissance 1.3 areas of the Arab renaissance
- 1.1 Arab renaissance factors
- 1.2 aspects of the Arab renaissance
- 1.3 areas of the Arab renaissance
Also called Arab vigilance, or the Arab enlightenment movement, which is a stage of development in the cultural field and intellectual reform, which began in the late nineteenth century, and spread to under Ottoman rule, such as: Lebanon, Syria and the Arab countries.
Arab renaissance factors
- Internal factors
- The emergence of Islamic reform movements.
- The emergence of associations and political movements.
- External factors
- Opening up offering him the Arab world on European thought.
- The French campaign on Egypt and the Levant.
- Reforms carried out by Muhammad Ali.
- Many of the missionaries, which helped significantly to stimulate the educational and cultural processes.
Manifestations of the Arab renaissance
- Islamic reform movements emerged many Islamist groups in the Arab world, where she worked on the development of the Arabs and Muslims, in order to stay away from all aspects of backwardness, and which have called Islamic movements:
- Refer to the importance of the Qur'an and Sunnah, because it is the foundation that unites Muslims.
- Work on the purification of the Islamic religion of all impurities.
- Call for jihad.
- The enemy to fight colonialism.
- National trend: the factors that helped the emergence of this trend:
- The spread of knowledge and science.
- Scientific Almnhat envoy to Europe.
- Activity in translation and authoring movement.
- Arab-Islamic trend:
The last quarter of the nineteenth century is a stage of the most dangerous stages experienced by the Ottoman Empire, it was close to the deterioration and collapse, it has been fragmented and separation between their mandates, which called for the most vulnerable, and increased foreign intervention in which a number of major countries, ordered the Sultan to increase control especially on the western states in order to prevent any interference, and forced Sultan Abdul Hamid to the approval of the Constitution of Medhat Pasha, where he remained governor for a period of time, after a period is to dissolve the parliament, and the work of the suspension of the constitution for an unknown, as requested by the House of Representatives who were mostly Arabs from leaving parliament, Sultan Abdul Hamid and work on the adoption of the Islamic University movement in order to install and strengthen his rule in order to strengthen its position internally in order to revolve around the Arab Muslim president to become their spiritual leader, and the authority and validity of them, has also worked to strengthen its position externally for colonial countries and through the work of chaos and coups within the Islamic countries that fall under the control of colonialism in the event of the last continued belligerent and aggressive policy against the Ottoman Empire, as a result that turned the Arab peoples about the rule of the father Ululation Ottoman colonial fear of the dangers that threaten them, they made the support of Sultan Abdul Hamid, but without the approval of the policies followed in governance, and this calls for continued reform and decentralization, then it was the emergence of factors that direction.
Areas of the Arab renaissance
- Industrial, economic and political features of
- Flourished factories.
- Opened branches of French and British banks in Syria.
- The export of various types of agriculture and industries to Europe and the United States.
- The emergence of many popular markets.
- The beginning of the establishment of libraries, universities and theater
- Re-opened and the organization of previous libraries.
- The emergence of many schools and universities.
- The role of Christians
- Contributed to the Turkification policy.
- Batrakih school, which brought out a number of Arab flags was founded.
- Christian universities, which worked on the development of civilization and Arab culture emerged.
- Many literary figures emerged.
- Many political figures, which called for the fight against colonialism emerged.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!